Top ideas from the community

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. My TV Shows layout

I would love a nicer look for "My TV Shows" list (and movies/anime).

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the numbers in your profiles URL your name

Change the numbers in your profiles url to the name of your account

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Combining Anime seasons

Combine anime series together like the TV section? Currently the animes are different entries. When i import my Trakt data it does not register the different entries therefore missing some episodes etc.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. wrong output from filters

Hi devs,

Me once more, it's just an heads up.
    I complained a while ago about timeouts and wrong outputs because of that. And that was fixed, as i was really happy to see that to be fixed.
    After the fix i added a ton of series to my list and now I see that the results when looking for series "not in my list" i get a result back, but it still contains items from my list.

I'm not looking for a solution on this issue because i am that one off.

But it's more a kind of kudos…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add to mobile app allowing communications between people who enjoy similar movies/shows.

Create an app that holds both the capabilities of an entertainment app and a forum. At least add areas where people can talk with one other about their favorite movies or shows without leaving the app itself. and perhaps allow us to use the app to watch our favorite movies and tv shows on the go.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. More countries in the countries tab.

Adding more countries to separate the shows that it's based in. So, for example, include countries like Australia and India has a lot of shows have come from that area.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Minor changes to calendar

I'm a heavy user of the calendar page and would like to see some improvements.

> An option to start the week on Sunday instead of Monday
    > Different colors for new season episodes and season finales. Series premieres (S01E01) are currently a yellow color, possibly make a S02E02 show up as blue when they air? Season finale as a red? For example, The Expanse is airing two episode finale, I'd like to see the final episode highlighted more so it's recognizable at a glance.
    > Displaying of shows that air two episodes at once. For example, Marvel's Spider-man premiered…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Responsive layout

The issue is that the website isn't responsive for the screen layout of your browser.
    This prevents a user to use splitscreen or lesser used widths on some devices.
    This would be done by changing the internal code of the JS.
    And i know it's probably something that you are already working on, but i would like to see what the community thinks about this!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. images in list

Add miniatures of poster movies or tv shows in the lists, to make it faster to read

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Search/DB improvements

Improve search functionality.
    Improve the DB to include staff/cast.
    Allow us to search by director or actor.
    Give us staff/cast info, and then allow us to click on a particular staff's name to find more of that person's work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Watching list to have only shows with unwatched episodes

The watching list is filled with a lot of shows that I've complete to date, but they are still airing. I would it so that I don't see those shows in my list when deciding what to watch. This could either be by putting them on a different list or having any of the filter options group all of those together.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I would love it if you could specify whether an episode is a season finale or a series finale.

I would love it if you could include and specify whether an episode is a season finale or a series finale. :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Link to Directors and Actors when we click on their names.

1. Link to Directors and Actors when we click on their names. So that we can view all the shows/movies they have worked on.
    2. If possible a facility to create Lists (Eg. List of Dystopian movies I like etc.)
    3. Addition of a favorite button, for shows, actors and directors

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Keyboard shortcuts

It would be nice if the site would support (more) keyboard shortcuts. Especially when setting up a new profile, you go through a lot of series/movies. It would be awesome if you could hit right/left arrow to focus the next item in the list, hit 1 to 9 (or 0 for 10, I guess) to provide a stars rating, and some clever keys for adding to lists.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make getting around the site simple

Make getting around the site more simple.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. show the name of the movie/tvshow/anime on the lenguage of the location of the user

Sometimes it is hard to find a movie, tvshow or anime, because you do not know in what lenguage it's the name on Simkl.

Would be great that by the "location" option on the profile settings, the web show the names the movie, tvshow or anime have on that location.

IMDB, show on the info of a movie,tvshow or anime, the different names it have for some locations. Maybe Simkl could take the names and locations by there.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Easy Marked as Watch All Episodes

Easy to select as watched all episodes from anime/tv shows list.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. open in new tap

add open in new tab when you right click on a show

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add multiple select option for episode selection

It would be nice if we could multiple select episodes 1-80 of the first hundred episodes of One Piece, for example, instead of selecting all 99 episodes and then de-selecting episodes 81-99.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base