Top ideas from the community

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better lists and overviews.

In the 'currently watching', you should have a divider. Over the line should the 'my list' that is displayed on your profile, and underneath it, all 'currently watching' that you are up to date on.

Also, Adding a 'on hold' status. You sometimes want to take a break - and not have it in 'currently', but not in the 'dropped either'.

Also, would be nice with custom lists. Not as a status, but where you can gather things like 'movies I recommend for dates' etc.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Send alerts when a tv show or movie is available on one of your streaming services like Reelgood.

A feature I've been wanting for a while is to get an alert when a movie or tv show is available on one of the streaming services I subscribe to. Reelgood does a great job at this, providing email, text, & push notifications. I would also love to be able to filter searches by what is available on my services and filtering out shows I've already seen. If Simkl had these features, it would completely replace Reelgood and Rotten Tomatoes for me.

What I am looking for in the perfect movie/tv tracking service in order of priority is:
    1. search…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pick what date you watched something on

When you mark something as watched have a option to pick what date you watched it on

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Merge anime seasons into one show

It would be much better if you could merge Seasons 1 & 2 of Attack On Titan, My Hero Academia, and any other anime in need on your site into one show.

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make the numbers in your profiles URL your name

Change the numbers in your profiles url to the name of your account

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Responsive layout

The issue is that the website isn't responsive for the screen layout of your browser.
    This prevents a user to use splitscreen or lesser used widths on some devices.
    This would be done by changing the internal code of the JS.
    And i know it's probably something that you are already working on, but i would like to see what the community thinks about this!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. trak youtube channels (like youtubers)

Youtube is like a new tv service many user use. When an user follow many channels on youtube you can easily lose what was the last video you saw from a channel, or if a video you saw it or not.

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Calender

Would be nice, that when i use the calender to see my tv shows/anime, that it would scroll automatically to the day of the month that is now.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Improvement

Accuracy

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Having a Personal Top 10, 25, 100 list for tv shows, anime, movies

Away of showing your personal top 100 tv shows, anime, or movies in your personal order along side the 1 to 10 star rating

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. faster

make the preparations faster.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Link to Directors and Actors when we click on their names.

1. Link to Directors and Actors when we click on their names. So that we can view all the shows/movies they have worked on.

2. If possible a facility to create Lists (Eg. List of Dystopian movies I like etc.)

3. Addition of a favorite button, for shows, actors and directors

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Watching list to have only shows with unwatched episodes

The watching list is filled with a lot of shows that I've complete to date, but they are still airing. I would it so that I don't see those shows in my list when deciding what to watch. This could either be by putting them on a different list or having any of the filter options group all of those together.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Traduccion a español

Traducir a español.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Comparing Lists

Make it easier to compare lists with friends. Example in the screenshot.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. my list filter improvement

the ability to choose the default filter when you enter the list or show all

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. show the name of the movie/tvshow/anime on the lenguage of the location of the user

Sometimes it is hard to find a movie, tvshow or anime, because you do not know in what lenguage it's the name on Simkl.

Would be great that by the "location" option on the profile settings, the web show the names the movie, tvshow or anime have on that location.

IMDB, show on the info of a movie,tvshow or anime, the different names it have for some locations. Maybe Simkl could take the names and locations by there.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sort by streaming availability

Allow "include" view option based on streaming availability. Only videos available to stream (on the sites we have access to) are displayed.

If we could include/exclude videos based on availability, SIMKL would be the go-to source when trying to decide what to watch.

My list doesn't help much if it's littered with things I want to see, but can't watch.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. One-click-add to my list

While browsing the lists there should be a "one-click-add-to-list" button

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base