Top ideas from the community

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Money Heist number of seasons

In Money Heist page, where I can mark the episodes I've watched, it shows only season 1 and 2. The show is already on season 3 (released on 19 July), season 2 has already been released

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Incorrect Show or Movie description  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to , when marked as watched a TV episode movie or more, to be visible on facebook

Option to , when marked as watched a TV episode movie or more, to be visible on facebook

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Simkl TV Tracker app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Firefox extension

Create a Firefox-based tracker extension.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Simkl TV Tracker app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Firefox extension is not planned due to the high amount of work needed to keep Firefox extension updated on every Netflix site change and a low number of Firefox users on Simkl.

4. Ability to add/edit TV episodes

Ability to add/edit seasons/episodes e.g. imdb/discogs, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support for Windows 10 Netflix App

Windows 10 Netflix App Support

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Disqus comments

Add Disqus comments.
    In addition to your own comments service, I would love to be able to have a tab for Disqus comments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix time "spent watching" tv shows

No matter what show I watch, each episode adds 40 minutes to my time "spent watching," even if the episode is less than 40 minutes long. The time spent watching should reflect how long episodes are, not just take the number of episodes watched and multiply by 40 minutes. Also, the shows in the "plan to watch" shouldn't count towards time spent watching since I haven't watched them yet.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

To get data on every episode to multiply by exact minutes would take a lot of resources and time to load the page will be a minute instead of 1 second. For that reason, we are using approximate calculations based on average episode times.

8. Device or software glitch

I am one of your product testers and I have had some trouble actually watching shows on the application, all I have found is a review button and links to shows but unless it a software or device issue I have yet to watch anything on this application. Based on these issues and as much as I am on the go this is not something I would use. Would you prefer me to post this to your application for feedback or post for review or can it be addressed here. Thank you for your time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Simkl is not an app to watch shows. Currently, Simkl does not have options to watch all TV Shows, Anime or Movies. However, Simkl provides links for Netflix, Hulu and Crunchyroll where you can watch the TV shows and Anime.

Simkl helps you track what you’re watching and discover new shows & movies. We have built the Simkl™ TV Tracker for passionate people who like to watch TV Shows, Anime and Movies on their computers, and who are tired of manually tracking all shows that they watch using outdated manual watchlists. For people who are geeky enough to want a hi-tech automated Watchlist solution no matter how you watch – download video files on your computer or watch streaming video online, on Netflix, Hulu, iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, Vudu, etc…

9. Remove Anime As a Category

Sort the anime into 'cartoons' in tv and movies. It's like giving Reality TV its own category or Cooking Shows its own category.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Remove TV Show, Anime or Movie  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Don't hardcode process detection, use a list or option field.

It seems the TV Tracker app simply monitors the running "known" player processes names, since renaming the zoomplayer.exe to MPC-HC.exe worked and scrobbling than worked too.

This is really "bad" design, instead of hardcoding the process names just put them in a simple text/xml file or add a option in the tray icon. This way you can support any player and version, without the need to update the internal hardcoded list everytime.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the tip, cool trick. Good to know that worked. But the tracker has different ways of tracking for each video player with different file buffer readings, HDD settings, app closure, pause stop detection etc.

11. Sync ratings from Netflix

sync ratings from Netflix

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Import to Simkl  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. tyty

tty

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Simkl TV Tracker app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not planned in the near future. Licence costs are in billion dollars per quarter to be able to provide such option. We don’t posses such budget right now. However we’re working towards being able to do that.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base