Top ideas from the community

How can we improve Simkl?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. tv show/ anime list improvement

i feel the idea of having image and a description when you click on dashboard then if you go to TV list/ anime list having images and a description there would help seeing the title alone makes it difficult whether if i wanna re-watch or not

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. stats

more stats. a lot of stats.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Importing from Tv time

Please add the option to import from Tv time, because this site it's free and super easy to use.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Import to Simkl  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently, this is not possible. We don’t have the TV Time API key and they have not responded to the API key request. Ask TV Time to allow Simkl to import your data and give them the API key. Or Aks TV Time how you can export your own watch history data.

5. Report buttons and Item add section

Shows having incorrect episode counts, incorrect air dates and unlisted shows.
    Report button, so users can notify admin of specific problem.
    Series or Movie add button, to notify admin of unlisted items

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Viewing dates

Dates you viewed episodes or films

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. add profile settings genre sellect + show suggested movies and shows dependng on my choise

add my selected genres to profile info and make section for my recomemded movies and recomended tv shows what havent been added to my list yet

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. import library from myepisodes.com

please add the ability to import my library form myepisodes.com
    it was a popular site a long time ago becuase it was about the only one in this category but now its just old and most user just use it becuase of the hassle of moving your library.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    App ideas  ·  0 comments  ·  Import to Simkl  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Feed

"feed" to be able to post in your profile about the show you're currently watching or anything. and make it more like a social network to talk and meet new friends with the same interests and share things with them.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Include repeat airings of episodes

If I've started watching an old series that premiered a long time ago (e.g. ncis, Hawaii 5-0 etc.) then it would be useful to know when the episodes I haven't seen yet are airing. From what I can see from your website you only show new airings of shows on your tv episode calendar.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Collection

Add Collection

Movies and TV Show episodes that you own

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Track non conventional pages like <<animeheaven.eu>> and <<solarmoviesc.com>>

It would be awesome if the Chrome extension would be able to track episodes or series watched on non conventional pages like the ones mentioned. There are a lot of anime, movies and series out there that don't necessarily appear on Netflix, Chrunchyroll or Hulu. It would help the plataform to expand the content database too, =)

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. App to add shows or movies to your watchlist

Be able to quickly add a movie or show you want to watch to your watchlist. Be able to integrate application with your DVR to schedule recordings.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    App ideas  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support for the Media Player of the Future

Potplayer support, i just talk with the Dev of potplayer, and they say the player should support the app, that the problem is on your Tracker windows app, so i like to request support for the player, in case you guys dont know, potplayer is the player of the future, it has the most recent tecnology on playback, is very light, can do anything, and lately is being recommended for every one on the top Software on Reddit, with made them very popular fast. soon will be leaving VLC and MPC behind.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Simkl TV Tracker app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. show the name of the movie/tvshow/anime on the lenguage of the location of the user

Sometimes it is hard to find a movie, tvshow or anime, because you do not know in what lenguage it's the name on Simkl.

Would be great that by the "location" option on the profile settings, the web show the names the movie, tvshow or anime have on that location.

IMDB, show on the info of a movie,tvshow or anime, the different names it have for some locations. Maybe Simkl could take the names and locations by there.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Proper links instead of javascript links

Proper links (not javascript links) in all views, so we can open a show/anime/movie in another tab anytime.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. To Watch Section

Amazing site, I absolutely love this project.

I would suggest you guys add a page where you're able to view episodes to watch. I mean like something like this http://i.imgur.com/ugE2cfb.png

Where a user is able to sort by most recently watch, or number of episodes to watch in ascending or descending order. This would also be a great addition to your app as well.

Thanks!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Check-in ?

how I can check in to the shows that I watch now and post it on social networks ?

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base