Top ideas from the community

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add multiple select option for episode selection

It would be nice if we could multiple select episodes 1-80 of the first hundred episodes of One Piece, for example, instead of selecting all 99 episodes and then de-selecting episodes 81-99.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 'Documentary' genre filter in Movies section

Add a documentary option to genres in Movies, for all the stand-alone docs that don't show up in the TV>documentary filter.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Simkl TV Tracker app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. watching series view

Better way to view your watching series

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dashboard

Missing an ability to activate / deactivate sections at dashboard. f.e. "Airing next" for ppl who are waiting for translated series the airing plan is not necessary.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fix images

Alright, so the site that Simkl gets TV show data from, TheTVDB, has recently undergone some changes. Since those changes, images for TV episodes are no longer appearing for some shows- old images that have already been there stay, but any new ones added on TheTVDB will not appear on Simkl.

One example of a series with this problem would be MasterChef. On Simkl, the latest image shown for season 10 is "Someone's Toast"(https://simkl.com/tv/20473/masterchef-us/episodes/#s10). However, on TheTVDB, the latest image shown is "One Pan Wonder" (https://www.thetvdb.com/series/masterchef-us/seasons/10).

An admin from TheTVDB responded to me saying, "If any…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Website Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Closing the loop.

I'll be closer review to this application from both a beginner stand point and an advanced tech standpoint I would recommend adding things such as a perspective how to when you first start using this application, because I can see this being the next biggest thing for everyone to use, in my opinion it would benefit adding quick how to points to allow users to set up links to prevent which questions such as how do I or why can I not watch my favorite show from here and so on. The idea of a go to app that lets…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Update show button from TVDB

So instead of creating a ticket or posting in Discord to update a show from the TVDB, create a (vip) option to let us update shows from the manually.
    So I change something on tvdb. I click update show on simkl and it will get the latest fixes. Should be less work for the staff! Like Trakt does at the moment. Saw it already on Discord and its a good feauture.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Multiple types of list view

Would be nice to have options to choose how to view a list: 1. Default view with the standard large image thumbnail, 2. A small image thumbnail and title, 3. No image thumbnail at all only the title text.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Different Rating Scales

The ability to switch to rating scales other than integers from 1-10 would be useful. I prefer a 0.x-10.0 scale (or 1-100 or whatever) for more fine tuned rankings.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Auto Track Popcorn time

I would like an option to track movies/shows/animes from the program called "PopcornTime"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Simkl TV Tracker app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Navigating to A T.V. Show without [enter] doesn't work in edge cases

Try Entering
    "House M.D." into the search box. Since the database doesn't consider all of the titles (House M.D.) is the full title of "House", so it navigates to some other show, instead of doing a fuzzy search.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. roku integration

I love the Netflix features in the Chrome extension; I actually joined SIMKL for the Random button. I'd love to see those features available when watching Netflix in other ways, specifically through the Netflix app on Roku. Not sure if it's at all technically possible, but if it is, please consider it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VIP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. country

Make the available shows regional based. If you partnered with a site like https://www.justwatch.com/au/ then you can see whats available per country.
    When I logon as an Australian user it says I have three seasons available to me on Netflix, however because of regional licensing I have only 2.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    App ideas  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add setting to hide plot

Add a setting to the website to hide the plots by default - this helps if a user goes through the episodes and doesn't want to know the plot in advance - it's a feature that Trakt supports. See the attached screenshot for reference (the hidden plot is at the bottom of the screenshot).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Leverage AI for Greater Ease-of-Use

Greater ease-of-use and implementation of AI to make finding videos (watched and to watch) updating viewing progress and profile completion less time-consuming for the user. This would also allow for improved suggestion of content to users.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Watch-Series.to

Watch-Series.to is an awesome streaming aggregator that lets you track what you have and have not watched. Import that data.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Import to Simkl  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base